A professional home evaluation of all major items inside and outside the home is the core of our home inspections.
Our inspectors conduct a visual inspection of accessible systems and components of the home including:
- Structure and Foundation
- Electrical Systems
- Plumbing Systems
- Roofs and Attics
- Basements and Crawl Spaces
- Gutters and Drainage
- Walls, Floors and Ceilings
- Porches and Decks
- Property and Site
We also inspect and operate:
- Furnaces in Heating Season
- Air Conditioning in Cooling Season
- Plumbing Fixtures in Kitchens and Baths
- Water Heaters
- Built-in Appliances
All Pro-Tek Inspectors are members of regional, state, and national associations across the US, and all inspections are conducted within the Standards of Practice of these associations.
1. Check for leaks and operation of gas valve.
3. Tighten and clean Thermocouple connections (if present).
6. Thoroughly check heat exchanger for cracks and holes caused by high temperatures.
7. Clean burners, reset, and adjust air shutters for a proper flame.
8. Check burner and pilot alignment.
9. Check blower & blades for full capacity.
10. Oil motor bearings (if needed).
11. Check fan belt tension and wear (if present).
12. Check fan and limit switch operation and settings.
13. Check flue for leaks and proper connection to outside vents.
14. Check thermostat location, operation, and wiring connections.
15. Check Carbon Monoxide (O2) levels.
---General Operations & Safety Check---
Upon completion of inspection, a certification is issued.